Appointment sequence for dental implant procedure
1. Examination and diagnosis.
2. Treatment planning.
3. First surgery, fixture installation.
4. Suture removal one week post surgery.
5. Soft denture reline insertion two weeks post surgery.
6. Relining procedures once a week for first month, then once every two to three weeks. Healing period is three to four months for mandible and four to six month for maxilla.
7. Second surgery, abutment connection.
8. Suture removal one week post-surgery.
9. Prosthesis insertion two weeks post surgery. Oral hygiene final instructions.
10. Regular recall appointments, one, three, six and twelve month time intervals. Remove and clean a free standing fixed partial denture once a year.
Hobo S, Ichida E, Garcia L T: Osseointegration and Occlusal Rehabilitation, Quintessence Publishing Co., Ltd. 1989