The evolution of dental implant related treatments in this era took its origin from the work of Branemark, who scientifically validated the entire process of placing an implant into bone, waiting a period of time for that bone to heal towards the implant, after which long-term functional loading adopted. Throughout the 70s and early 80s, a 1 stage threaded titanium plasma covered dental implant was adopted for overdenture retention with immediate loading. Also know as Swiss screw, the plasma coated dental implant was place into the anterior mandible and led to excellent long-term success. Other one stage implant systems were slow to emerge, but as they were proved with supporting data, the idea of a 1 stage endosseous dental implant therapy acquired credibility. The Strauman system has long-term data, showing that the one stage unloaded dental implant system can function in most regions of the mouth in distinction using the Swiss screw and also the Branemark methods.
Lately, more interest has come to light for positioning of implants into esthetic zone from the maxilla with either the immediate loading or using a healing abutment that imitates natural form of tooth. The hypothesis is the fact that by putting a healing abutment with natural curves, the soft tissue response is going to be enhanced, potentially producing a more esthetic final restoration.
Treatment arranging a one stage or immediate temporized anterior maxillary restoration starts with a listing of advisable limitations.
If the tooth exists and must be removed, a 1 stage uncovered dental implant positioning during the time of extraction will need the next:
1. No purulent drainage or exudate in the site.
2. Good quality of gingival tissue without excessive granulation tissue.
3. Insufficient periapical, out of control radiolucency.
4. Sufficient bone level around without resorting to additional soft or hard tissue grafting.
The dental professional has three options:
1. After removing the tooth and waiting roughly eight weeks, the dental imlant is positioned while using previous methods.
2. After removing the tooth and waiting eight weeks, minimal incisions are utilized and also the implant is positioned with the help of an anatomic formed healing abutment or perhaps a temporary crown.
3. After removing the tooth, a dental implant along with a provisional crown are immediately placed.
For info about two stage dental implant surgery, please read:
 Dental Implant Surgery: Two Stages – http://costofdentalimplant.com/dental-implant-surgery-two-stages/
 Hobo S, Ichida E, Garcia L T: Osseointegration and Occlusal Rehabilitation, Quintessence Publishing Co., Ltd. 1989
Dental Implants Cost+
Immediate Loading and One Stage Dental Implants – http://costofdentalimplant.com/one-stage-dental-implants/